CORNERHOUSE POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT
Forensic Services Specialist—Medical Lead
CornerHouse is an accredited, internationally-recognized children’s advocacy center. Our mission is to listen and offer hope and healing to those silenced by trauma and violence. CornerHouse provides forensic interviews, medical services and family services to children, adolescents and vulnerable adults who report experiencing or witnessing violence. CornerHouse also provides high-quality training to professionals regionally, nationally and internationally.
Position Summary: The Forensic Services Specialist – Medical Lead demonstrates CornerHouse core values (person-centered, collaborative, integrity, healing, diversity and learning) by delivering high-quality forensic services at both the Rogers and Minneapolis locations. The Forensic Services Specialist Leads are a team of five cross-trained staff who offer support to the delivery of forensic interviews in Minneapolis and Rogers, as well as medical exams at CornerHouse Minneapolis. The Forensic Services Specialist – Medical Lead is primarily responsible for coordinating medical exams, assisting medical personnel, maximizing the comfort of children during the exams, and completing relevant documentation.
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide a safe and welcoming, developmentally appropriate, and interactive environment during child and family visits to CornerHouse.
- Complete the monthly schedule of medicals; maintain contact with physicians and other medical personnel to ensure an accurate and up-to-date schedule.
- Coordinate communication among all CornerHouse staff and multidisciplinary team members to ensure high quality service and continuity of care.
- Assist children and medical personnel during the medical exams.
- Inventory, order, and receive necessary medical supplies.
- Maintain complete and accurate records.
- Coordinate billing for medical exams; work with Accounting Department to ensure payments are received.
- Provide back-up for other Forensic Services Specialists in intake, client services, and video-recording upon request.
- Maintain strict confidentiality of all records.
- Contribute to effective agency operations.
- Bachelor’s degree in human/social services or equivalent experience
- An understanding of the dynamics of child abuse and family violence
- Audiovisual, computer, technical skills
- Patience and a proven ability to manage stressful situations
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Experience working with culturally, ethnically, cognitively and socio-economically diverse child, adolescent and adult client populations
- Experience working with diverse professionals from child protection, law enforcement, court systems and related community services
- Strong communication skills in interpersonal, written and multimedia vehicles
- Computer competency, including Microsoft Office programs.
Individuals from diverse backgrounds and multi-lingual individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.
Hours & Compensation: Full-time position (40 hours per week). Full benefits, including paid time off, healthcare, long-term and short-term disability coverage, and a 401 K agency match. Compensation based on qualifications and experience.
Closing Date: 4:00 pm on June 22, 2018
Email Resume and Cover Letter to:
Nancy Seger, Forensic Services Director
A downloadable version of this posting can be found here.