Basic Forensic Interview Training
This training teaches the CornerHouse Forensic Interview Protocol™: a credible, reliable, developmentally flexible and non-traumatic forensic interview protocol appropriate for children, adolescents, and vulnerable adults who allege sexual and physical abuse or witness a violent crime.
As a blended learning program, this course includes 6 hours online and 4.5 days in-person. This highly interactive training includes lecture and discussion, review of CornerHouse video-recorded interviews, skill-building exercises, and an interview practicum. Courses are outcome-based and include an exam upon completion.
- The CornerHouse Forensic Interview Protocol: A Developmental Approach
- Foundations for Forensic Interviewing
- CornerHouse Core Values
- Multidisciplinary Teams
- Child Development & Developmental Expectations
- The Experience and Disclosure of Sexual Abuse
- Forensic Use of Anatomical Dolls
Basic Training at CornerHouse is best suited for:
- Forensic interviewers, child/adult protection workers, tribal social service investigators, law enforcement officers, and prosecuting attorneys
- Multidisciplinary professionals who work in a Child Advocacy Center (CAC) and need to meet NCA accreditation standards
- An individual or a member of a group of six or less from the same agency. If your group is larger than six, please see our On-site Basic Training option.
Benefits of training at CornerHouse include:
- Extended opportunities for lecture, discussion, and experiential learning
- Opportunity for every learner to perform an individualized interview practicum with a professional actor
- Each learner receives peer review feedback from a multidisciplinary team
- Each learner receives a copy of their interview practicum for further individual review and reflection
- Accredited by the National Children’s Alliance.
Details About Basic Forensic Interview Training at CornerHouse
- 4.5 day in-person training
- 6 hours of online training available 2 weeks before the in-person training
- Online learning is moderated, interactive, and relates to in-person content
- Small, personal, learning environment; enrollment limited to 24 learners
- A light breakfast is provided every day and lunch on Monday and Thursday; participants are responsible for the tuition and all costs related to transportation, lodging, and other meals.
Available Dates for Basic Forensic Interview Training at CornerHouse:
December 3-7, 2018
January 14-18, 2019
March 11-15, 2019
May 6-10, 2019
2018 Fee Schedule
CornerHouse’s Training Policies
For more information, please contact Melissa Henry, Training Program Manager at 612-813-8310 or .
What Our Learners Are Saying About CornerHouse Training
“I highly recommend this training to others. It is well worth the time and money. All staff members were great and explained everything very well.”
“Exceptional. All speakers were awesome. This training is very beneficial! It was amazing and worth every minute and penny. Thank you for being so professional, organized, patient and willing to share your experiences. I learned so much and appreciate all of the wonderful work you do. CornerHouse is so inspiring!”