About CornerHouse Training
More than 20 years ago, CornerHouse developed a forensic interview protocol, which has been adopted throughout the United States and several other countries.
CornerHouse has now trained over 29,000 professionals from every Minnesota county, every state in the continental United States, Hawaii, Alaska and 18 foreign countries including the investigators of the International Criminal Court at the Hague.
Although there is no such thing as a perfect forensic interview, a competent interview takes place when a child is interviewed in a friendly environment, with developmentally appropriate language and by someone who is adequately trained. CornerHouse training curriculums are based on both extensive review of literature in the field and the clinical experience of our staff. Courses are designed to produce competent forensic interviewers who can defend their interviews in court as well as effective mandated reporters who can provide investigating professionals with essential information.
The benefits of attending CornerHouse training include:
- learn practical strategies that are forensically sound and legally defensible ;
- participate in interactive experiential learning activities that will keep you active and engaged;
- experience a supportive learning environment that values your personal expertise
- collect instructional materials and resources to use when you return to work
- interact with instructors who are national speakers as well as practicing forensic interviewers
Download brief information on all classes and a 2014 fee schedule here.
Training attendees can get hotel information here.
What Our Learners Are Saying About CornerHouse
Continuing Education Credit
Courses are pre-approved for continuing education credits through the Minnesota POST Board and the Minnesota Board of Continuing Legal Education. Courses are on record with the Minnesota Board of Social Work.