CornerHouse Family Support Services
What is the purpose of Family Support Services?
The purpose of Family Support Services is to assure that family members and children feel supported during and after the interview process.
Who helps with this support?
The CornerHouse Family Support Coordinator is the contact for this process. Call 612.813.8312 to reach the Nancy VanThorre, Family Support Coordinator.
What services does the Family Support Coordinator provide?
- Support to family member(s) while they are at CornerHouse
- Information about therapeutic services for children, caregivers, and other family members
- Assistance communicating MDT recommendations to family member(s) including information about medical exams
- Follow-up with ongoing support and referrals through regular phone contact; track family's progress and use of therapeutic services
- Facilitation of early referrals to Victim Witness
When does the Family Support Coordinator get involved during the process?
- During the Interview - meet with family member(s) to offer support, answer questions, and provide information
- Post-Interview Teaming - collaborate with team on team recommendations
- After the Interview - provide family members(s) with specific referrals for therapeutic services based on recommendations of MDT; answer questions about medical exams
- Any Time These Services Would be Helpful to the Family - services can be requested at any time during or after a CornerHouse interview
Services will be provided by the Family Support Coordinator:
- On a case-by-case basis
- In consultation with Law Enforcement and Child Protection
- In a way that does not interfere with Law Enforcement and/or Child Protection investigations
If you think the family member(s) on your case could benefit from these services, please ask the Interviewer or Assistant County Attorney to contact the Family Support Coordinator
CornerHouse Family Support Services: (612) 813-8312
Financial help is available for victims of crime. Call the Minnesota Crime Victims Reparations Board at 651-201-7300 or 1-888-622-8799 or visit www.ojp.state.mn.us