CORNERHOUSE POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT
Development and Volunteer Coordinator
CornerHouse is an accredited Children’s Advocacy Center located in Minneapolis, Minnesota. The mission of CornerHouse is to listen and offer hope and healing to those silenced by trauma and violence. CornerHouse provides forensic interviews, medical services and family services to children, adolescents and vulnerable adults. CornerHouse also provides high-quality training to professionals regionally, nationally and internationally.
The CornerHouse strategic plan calls for the continued development of a culture of philanthropy so we can maintain our current donors and expand the community of CornerHouse supporters. Towards that end, CornerHouse is seeking a Development & Volunteer Coordinator to join our Development Department.
Position Summary: The Development & Volunteer Coordinator will support the Development Director in raising the necessary funds and cultivating the needed volunteers to support CornerHouse now and into the future. This will entail assisting the Development Director in all fundraising activities, including the annual fund, major gifts, donor communications, and special events. Central to this position will be leading our volunteer efforts and ensuring that all donors are recognized in a thoughtful and timely fashion. There may be additional tasks assigned by the Development Director based on organizational needs.
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinate with staff to identify ongoing and one-time-only volunteer needs and opportunities
- Screen, interview and place volunteers and interns
- Provide regular, meaningful supervision of volunteers and interns, including scheduling and checking in with other staff working with volunteers
- Develop and provide ongoing orientation and training
- Keep records of volunteer hours, recruitment contacts and applications to report out to the Executive Director
- Coordinate presentations to community groups regarding the CornerHouse volunteer program with appropriate staff
- Post volunteer openings and attend recruitment fairs on behalf of CornerHouse
- Enter gifts and acknowledge donors in an accurate and timely manner
- Manage CornerHouse’s participation in matching gift programs by confirming gifts and completing appropriate forms
- Update donor information in our database with information gathered from events, donor meetings, etc.
- Perform regular database maintenance
- Coordinate with the finance department to reconcile our donor database with finance software
- Serve as the liaison with the IT department of Children’s Hospital to ensure that CornerHouse systems are operating efficiently and effectively
- Manage the supplies and storage for the office to ensure the organization is adequately stocked
- Participate in facility upkeep including managing the rotating staff schedule of inside and outside cleaning duties
- Bachelors degree in related human service field, fund development, communications/marketing or related degree
- One year fund development or volunteer coordination experience
- Experience with data entry and data base management. Familiarity with Trailblazer or similar database a plus
- Detail-oriented and able to prioritize multiple tasks from different areas of the organization
- Energetic and motivated and able to work with a diversity of individuals, income levels and backgrounds
- Strong communication skills in interpersonal, written and multimedia vehicles
Individuals from diverse backgrounds and multi-lingual individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.
Hours and Compensation: Full-time exempt position (40 hours per week). Compensation: $35,000-$40,000
Closing Date: July 13, 2018
Email Resume and Cover Letter to:
Matt Boston, Forensic Services Director
A downloadable version of this posting can be found here.