Advanced Forensic Interview Training at CornerHouse
Featuring a Blend of Online and Face-to-Face Learning
CornerHouse is pleased to introduce a new and innovative Advanced Forensic Interview Training. This features updated advanced curriculum and a new modality for learning: a combination of Online and Face-to-Face Learning.
Experienced forensic interviewers will gain knowledge and experience in the art of advanced forensic interviewing while connecting with other advanced practitioners.
What will you learn?
- Best practices in forensic interviewing
- Delivery of effective court testimony
- How to identify and manage bias
- Strategies for working with diversity and special circumstances
- How to manage secondary and vicarious trauma
How is the training provided?
- Online learning modules available through a secure portal starting four weeks before the in-person training
- Online learning is moderated, interactive, and prepares participants to practice advanced techniques in person
- Face-to-face learning takes place over three days at CornerHouse in Minneapolis
- Class size limited to 15 participants, assuring a small, personal learning environment
- Active and experiential in-person training utilizes lecture, discussion, demonstration videos, roll-playing, and guided reflection
When and where will this class be held?
- On-line training modules (requiring 8 hours of participation to complete) will open on Wednesday, October 7, 2015
- In-person training at CornerHouse in Minneapolis, MN
- 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. daily
- Wednesday, November 4–Friday, November 6, 2015
- Cost: $1000 early bird rate ($1200 if booked within 30 days of training)
- Participants are responsible for tuition* and all transportation, lodging, and meal costs (light breakfast and snacks provided)
*A limited number of tuition scholarships are available for Minnesota professionals from the Minnesota Department of Human Services.
Who is eligible to take this class?
This training is appropriate for forensic interviewers, child protection workers, law enforcement staff, children’s advocacy center personnel, and other multi-disciplinary team members who:
- Are independent, self-motivated learners who are comfortable using technology
- Have access to a computer with high-speed internet where they can complete the eight (8) hours of online learning before coming to CornerHouse
- Have completed one of the following basic interviewing courses:
- CornerHouse child Sexual Abuse Forensic Interview Training
- CornerHouse On-Site Forensic Interview Training
- First Witness™
- ChildFirst™ or Finding Words™
- Have conducted a minimum of ten (10) interviews (waived for prosecutors)
Book Your Training Today
CornerHouse now has online registration for Advanced Forensic Interview Training classes offered at CornerHouse. Click on the button or click here to register.
Available Dates for Advanced Forensic Interview Training at CornerHouse:
November 4-6, 2015
Advanced Forensic Interview Training at CornerHouse flier
2015 Fee Schedule
CornerHouse’s Training Policies
Minneapolis/Hotel Information for training attendees
For more information, or if you have questions, please contact the Training Outreach Coordinator at 612-813-8310 or
Book Your Training Today
Our class participants say:
“I highly recommend this training to others. It is well worth the time and money. All staff members were great and explained everything very well.”
“Exceptional. All speakers were awesome. This training is very beneficial! It was amazing and worth every minute and penny. Thank you for being so professional, organized, patient and willing to share your experiences. I learned so much and appreciate all of the wonderful work you do. CornerHouse is so inspiring!”