Advanced Forensic Interview Training at CornerHouse
Experienced forensic interviewers will gain knowledge and experience in the art of advanced forensic interviewing while connecting with other advanced practitioners. This features updated advanced curriculum and a new modality for learning: a combination of online and face-to-face learning.
What will you learn?
- Best practices in forensic interviewing—non-protocol specific
- Delivery of effective court testimony
- How to identify and manage bias
- Strategies for working with diversity and special circumstances
- How to manage secondary and vicarious trauma
How is the training provided?
- The 8 hours of online learning is moderated, interactive, and available 4 weeks before the in-person training
- In-person learning takes place over three days in Minneapolis
- Class size limited to 18 participants, assuring a small, personal learning environment
- Active and experiential in-person training utilizes lecture, discussion, demonstration videos, role-playing, and guided reflection
This training is appropriate for forensic interviewers, child and adult protection workers, law enforcement staff, children’s advocacy center personnel, and other multi-disciplinary team members who:
- Are independent, self-motivated learners who are comfortable using technology
- Have access to a computer with high-speed internet where they can complete the online learning before coming to CornerHouse
- Have completed a basic interviewing course
- Have conducted a minimum of 10 interviews (waived for prosecutors)
Available Dates for Advanced Forensic Interview Training at CornerHouse:
September 17-19, 2019
CornerHouse’s Training Policies
For more information, or if you have questions, please contact Melissa Henry, Training Program Manager, at 612-813-8310 or .
What Our Learners Are Saying About CornerHouse Training
“I highly recommend this training to others. It is well worth the time and money. All staff members were great and explained everything very well.”
“Exceptional. All speakers were awesome. This training is very beneficial! It was amazing and worth every minute and penny. Thank you for being so professional, organized, patient and willing to share your experiences. I learned so much and appreciate all of the wonderful work you do. CornerHouse is so inspiring!”